INTERNATINAL COOPERATION OF THE UNIVERSITY
The University is a member of the European Association of Universities (EAU), South East European Association of Transport Research, International Association of Maritime University (IAMU), and Magna Charta Universitatum. The ONMU is the Coordinator of the University Network of Central European Initiative (CEI) in Ukraine.
Post-graduate course: “Technology of Ship-building and Ship Repairing”, “Ships’ Power Plants Operation”, “Radiotechnical and TV systems and devices”, “Automation of technological processes”, “Navigation”.
In addition to diploma of higher education, all cadets obtain the Certificates of Competency which enables them to apply for a position of officers on board vessels of any shipping company of the world.
The Academy’s specialists’ level of training meets the requirements of International Maritime Organization (IMO). ONMA keeps in touch with the United Nations’ International Maritime Organization, specialized agency (London, Great Britain). The Academy elaborated a number of documents from the part of Ukraine and takes part in the work of sessions, committees and sub-committees. Academy’s professors and lecturers participate in the work of International Maritime Organization as competent persons (experts).
Odesa National Maritime Academy’s activity has met with wide international recognition. Expertise of crew members’ training at ONMA (demands’ assessment and planning mission within the framework of integrated technical cooperation programme) was held by International Maritime Organization’s experts’ group in 1996. The experts expressed their appreciation of crew specialists of sea- and river-going transport training quality.
IMarEST is the greatest world’s association of Maritime Engineers founded in Great Britain in 1889 for enhancing professional growth and scientific development of specialists in the field of ship’s technical means.
During the period from 1950 till 2009 more than 1000 cadets from 86 countries of Europe, Asia, Africa and Latin America, including the near abroad countries, such as Russian Federation, Moldova, Georgia etc., graduated from the Academy.
STUDENTS AND STAFF
Odessa National Maritime University has trained international students for the maritime industry since 1950. International students from 90 countries of Europe, Asia, Africa, and Latin America have successfully graduated from the University. Every year more than 6000 students complete their education here.
FACULITIES AND PROGRAMS
- Faculty of Ship Engineering Expertise: Ship Manufacturing and Ocean Technologies Speciallity: Running the Power Units of the Ships Graduates will have the opportunity to work in many different positions, such as, usage of the ship’s mechanic and power units, organization and administration departments, freighting firms, technical maintenance of fleets and maintenance of the ship equipment.
- Faculty of Transportation Technologies and Systems Expertise: Transportation Technologies Speciality: Transportation Systems, Transportation Organization and Management Graduates can work as loading / unloading personnel, controller or manufacturing technician or cargo manager. They can also be customs control expert or broker. Another opportunity is to be a part of scientific researches and be an academician on the field.
- Faculty of Economics and Management Expertise: Administration Economics Speciality: Business Economics, Firm Management Graduates can be a manager or a researcher in maritime firms, sea and river ports, dockyards, transportation firms, broker agencies and customs. Also, they can work in the maritime banks and other firms’ maritime departments.
- Faculty of Water Transportation Expertise: Water Transportation Speciality: Water Transportation Techniques, Hydrotechnic Systems Graduates’ work area is very wide, from building a port, to construct ship elevator systems, dockyards, port machinery, hydro technic systems’ production and control.
- Faculty of Ship Construction Expertise: Ship Construction and Ocean Engineering Speciality: Ships and Ocean Engineering, Computer Systems Graduates will be fullyequipped with the national and international laws, and can work in any transportation or law firm as a consultant.
- Faculty of Maritime Law Expertise: Maritime Law Speciality: Law Tenet Graduates will be fullyequipped with the national and international laws, and can work in any transportation or law firm as a consultant
- Faculty of Port Mechanization Expertise: Mechanic Engineering Speciality: Machinery and Equipment Production and Maintenance Graduates can be responsible from any mechanic equipment that is used in the dockyards and ports. They can also choose jobs like production and maintenance of loading ramps, running and improving the loading automation units.
- Safety of navigation, navigation; – marine fleet maintenance and operation
- Automation and computer integrated technology in marine transport
- Ship repairing technology, technological equipment
- Social and law aspects of international navigation
- Global maritime radiocommunication
The following collections of technical and scientific works are published at the Academy: “Navigation”, “Ship’ Plants Operation”, “Theory and Practice of the processes of braking up to part, devising, mixing and consolidation”, “Automation of Ship Technical Means”. They are approved by the High Attestation Board as the scientific collections, in which publication of scientific researches’ results is allowed, and also “Transportation by sea and transport complexes” and “Maritime Law: History, Present and Future Perspectives”.
Campuses and buildings
The training sailing ship “Friendship” was built in Poland for NU”OMA”.
- Foreigners – candidates for obtaining education in ONMU- shall submit the following documents:
- an application Annex I;
- a original and copy of the education documents with the list of studied courses (subjects) and received grades (points) verified by embassy of Ukraine;
- the document evidencing the absence of HIV-infection, unless otherwise provided for by international agreements of Ukraine;
- the medical certificate of the state of health certified by an official health care authority of a country, where a foreigner has come from, and issued at least two months prior the entrance into Ukraine for education;
- a copy of the certificate of birth;
- a copy of the passport;
- 10 photographs having the size of 3,5 x 4,5;
- Consent to personal data collection and processing Annex II;
- Motivation Letter Annex III.
- Persons, who enter the postgraduate studies or studies for obtaining doctor’s degree, shall additionally submit a list of the published scientific-research works with the specification of a place of publishing, and such works shall be certified by a head of educational institution, organization at the place of work.Postgraduates, who have no published works, shall submit research papers (reports) in the are of the scientific profession selected by them.
When admitting to the studies for taking doctor’s degree, the following documents shall submitted additionally:
- comprehensive plan of a dissertation work for taking the scientific degree of a doctor of science;
- copy of the diploma on awarding the scientific degree of a candidate of science.
- Documents set forth in Articles 1 and 2 shall be in the Ukrainian language, and documents set forth in paragraphs “b”, “c”, “d” and “e” of Article 1 and paragraph “b” of Article 2 shall, in addition, be certified pursuant to the legislation of a country of their origin and legalized pursuant to the established order, unless otherwise provided for by international agreements of Ukraine.