RESEARCH AND ACADEMIC STAFF
Presently KMU has 165 staff members which include 97 associate professors, 37 doctors of medicine, 7 honored doctors of Ukraine.
Most of them have scientific degrees together with the great experience of pedagogical work. Special attention is given to every student to make the graduates competitive professional doctors on the national and international labor markets.
Moreover, student government initiatives allow students to enjoy active student life. The main goal of the University’s teaching staff is to train highly qualified medical professionals. To encourage this, the University is fully equipped with great material base, modern medical facilities, computerized lecture halls, international scientific research database.
What can International Students expect
- The quality of education and infrastructure in Ukraine medical colleges is very good. The students get higher medical education as per the State and International Standards of Education.
- The government is always there to help the universities in resolving research and financial issues in education.
- The expense of MBBS and accommodation in Ukraine is very low.
- No donation is required to be paid by the student for getting admission in a medical college in Ukraine.
- Many extracurricular activities and sports activities are held in the medical colleges that keep the students fit and active. They get an exposure to the Ukrainian culture and knowledge.
- The students are encouraged to take part in various seminars and international conferences. They will attend elective courses and learn the effective methods of treatment using complementary/alternative medicine.
The Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine manages all the medical universities of Ukraine. These medical universities of Ukraine offer the best value for medical education for students from around the world in terms of quality, infrastructure and cost.
The university is also registered in the AVICENNA Directory which is maintained by the University of Copenhagen in collaboration with the World Health Organization (WHO) and the World Federation for Medical Education (WFME), hence KMU is fully recognized by the WHO.
Kyiv Medical University of UAFM (KMU) is recognized and listed in all relevant international directories of medical universities such as the International Medical Education Directory (IMED). Graduates are eligible to write the United States Medical Licensing Examinations (USMLE) and certificates are recognized by the Education Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) in the US and the Medical Council of Canada (MCC) for eligibility of graduates to obtain certification and Licensure hence may pursue residency and postgraduate education in these countries.
KMU is recognized by the Ghana Dental and Medical Council, Nigerian Dental and Medical Council, Pakistan Medical and Dental Council, European Council of Medicine, Indian Medical Council and General Medical Council of UK, just to name a few.
It has joint research and partnership relations with many scientific institutions of the former USSR and various countries, such as Medical University of Warsaw in Poland, Center of Control and Prophylaxis of Diseases of Department of Health Protection (CDC, US), the southern Kazakhstan scientific and practical conference with international participation and contract with Knurów Sląsk Hospital.
STUDENTS AND GRADUATES
- Kyiv Medical University has an excellent environment for foreign students.
- Students can enjoy the facilities like the gym, sports club, a cultural club at the institute premises.
- The University has a student council that moderates the activities for international students.
- On 3 November 2017, the University won 1st place in a game of football conducted by the higher educational establishments of the territory of Darnytskyi district of Kyiv.
- The college has a student’s forum which enhances the self-governing and leadership activities among the students
- Upon the completion of the studies at the University, young professionals can use the knowledge and skills of both classical and traditional/complementary medicine in their daily practice.
Pharmacognosy, Phytotherapy, Homeopathy, Manual Therapy, Reflex Therapy are some of the examples of elective courses in complementary medicine. After graduating from the university, prospective students receive state standard diploma of higher medical education. Presently there are about 1120 foreign students at KMU from 56 countries.
Historical reference :
The Dormitory opened its doors for the first time in the year 2000. That is when it became a second home to the students of our university who came from all parts of our country and the world.
- 02019, Kyiv, 124 Horlivska St (can reach via minibus #45 or #45d from Kharkivska or Darnitsa station);
- The dormitory is located 7 minutes of walking from the main campus (Kharkivs’ke Highway, 121); 5-storey building.
- 02121, Kyiv, 210 Kharkivske Highway (8 minutes of walking from Boryspilska station)
- Reading room (with free Wi-Fi)
- Shower rooms
- 2 kitchens, 2 washrooms, 6 restrooms on every floor
- We offer 2, 3, 4, and even 5-people rooms to our international students. Our lux-class double rooms feature personal shower rooms and restrooms.
- Safety is maintained by the security company according to the thoughput and the internal routine rules of the dormitory.
- Administrative and economic support Department, in the person of its director Igor Andreevych Sherba (email@example.com), is responsible for the dormitory’s work
- Student council is the self-governing body of the dormitory
- There is a well-developed infrastructure near the dormitory: malls, hospital, pharmacy, gym, park, pond, temples, et cetera.
There are two admission sessions in 2020. The first one, in winter, lasts from 15th January till 1st March, while the second one, in summer – from 1 st June and till 1st November.
The University announces admission for such major faculties as General Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmacy in Ukrainian and in English medium. In winter the University accepts for the General Medicine in English medium only.
Step 1 : To Apply for an Invitation Letter
An applicant should submit the scan copies of the following documents to the KMU International Department by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) :
- First page of the Passport;
- School Certificate with Academic Records of all subjects (Attention: Biology and Chemistry are mandatory);
- Consent to personal data collection and processing [download];
- Application for the name of Rector [download];
- National Eligibility Entrance Test – NEET quality certificate (applicable for Indian nationals only).
When an applicant receives an Invitation Letter from the University, he/she should apply for visa type “D”.
After receiving the visa in diplomatic or consular establishment of Ukraine in the country of applicant’s residence, it is time to go to Kyiv. Step 3 : To Apply for a Faculty
On arrival an applicant must submit the following documents to the University :
- School Certificate with Academic Records of all subjects (in the original and a copy);
- Medical Certificate issued by the Department of Health in the applicant’s country at least two months prior to the applicant’s arrival to Ukraine;
- Birth Certificate (in the original and a copy);
- Invitation Letter (in the original);
- Passport (in the original and a copy of the front page and the page with Ukrainian visa issued by Ukrainian Embassy);
- 12 photos, size 3,5 x 4,5, matte.
After arrival an applicant should visit the International Department of the University in person, bring a set of application documents and undergo the registration procedure. The staff study the set of application documents. An applicant completes application forms for the name of the Rector and a draft of the contract on educational service between the student and the University. An applicant is informed about the date when he\she takes two writing tests – in language (English or Ukrainian) and Chemistry. When the applicant undergoes the whole process successfully, the University issues the Order of admission which means that the applicant is enrolled for the program and becomes a student of the University.
Kyiv Medical University Hostel was started in the year 2000. Since then it has become the choice of all International students. KMU hostel has all the basic amenities.