- Very good hostel system with fully furnished rooms, quiet study environment and surrounded with recreational centers.
- Internet facility is available in all rooms of the hostels.
- 24×7 access to security and emergency services.
- Separate arrangements for boys and girls.
STUDYING AT THE UNIVERSITY
Historically, the University has been a top medical/educational establishment in the country. The Degrees of the Kharkiv National Medical University is quite prestigious and is recognized in several countries of the world.
The University is placed fifth among the higher medical educational institutions of Ukraine as per the SCOPUS database.
It ranks forty-seventh among the Ukrainian higher educational institutions as per UNESCO “TOP 200”.
Kharkiv National Medical University was awarded the Order of Honour and Silver Diploma by “Golden Fortune”.
In 2010 it got the Leader of the Modern Education award.
Kharkiv National Medical University offers graduate and postgraduate programs in medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, and nursing where the students are taught in the English and Russian languages at the university.
The degrees offered by the university are recognized throughout the world. For instance, international establishments like the World Health Organization (WHO), the European Federation of Physiological Societies (FEPS), General Medical Council (UK) and the Medical Council of India (MCI) recognize the degrees offered by Kharkiv National Medical University.
Undergraduate programs offered at the university include the 6-year MBBS program, 5-year BDS program and B.Sc. Nursing. The programs offered at the university are taught in English as well as Russian.
The practical training starts from the 3rd year of the programs. Students get hands-on training at municipal hospitals in Kharkiv city.
KNMU has become a prominent center for international students. The University is currently training about 7,000 students, among which are 2150 foreign citizens.
The academic staff consists of more than 630 teachers, including 102 Doctors of Sciences and Professors, 387 Candidates of Medical Science, 32 members of academies, 17 Honored Scientists.
ACADEMIC AND RESEARCH STAFF
In addition, university invites famous professors from all over the world in order to they can share their experience with future yang specialists.
Faclilities in University
Campus makes up the students dwelling area, which comprises the sports complex, hostels, buildings of a University and other special places, thus enabling the students to spend their time in rewarding way. The students’ life is full of events. Those are holidays, meetings, sport competitions, concerts, dance parties, traditional festivals etc.
SOME OF THE FACILITIES
Admissions and pragrams
- General Medicine – In order to get doctor of medicine degree (MBBS or MD), students have to study a strict curriculum of 6 years.
- Dentistry – For getting the degree of Doctor of Dentistry (BDS), students have to study a 5 year course.
- Pharmacy – Duration of Pharmacy course is of 5 years.
- Nursing – The course lengths 3 years.
- Premedical course – During preparatory course international students acquaint with local culture, learn Russian language and study such subjects like Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Computer Studies, etc. After premedical course students, get guaranty admission to the main course (MBBS) at September. Length of the premedical course is from several month for 1 year.
- Institute of Physiology of the Academy of Science of the Czech Republic
- University of Tartu
- Dr. Yan Ratner Dental Clinic
- Villa Stuart Sport Clinic, Rome
- Georgian Association of Prenatal Medicine and Perinatology
- Tbilisi Medical Centre “NeoClinic”
- Otto von Guericke University of Magdeburg
- Institute for Multiphase Processes, Leibniz University Hannover
- Asklepios Children’s Hospital Sankt Augustin
- Havelhohe Community Hospital
- Paderborn University
- Poznan University of Medical Sciences