STUDENTS & GRADUATES
During 75 years of the activity, the Higher Educational Institution has graduated more than 40,000 highly qualified specialists. Among them, there are famous Ukrainian bankers and managers, organizers of Banking, financier, professionals working in various positions in the system of the National Bank of Ukraine, commercial banks and made a substantial contribution to the growth of national banking system.
All students at SHEI are provided with a place in a dorm.
Rooms in the dorm are for 2 or 3 persons.
Students can use a kitchen and dining room, have all conditions for studying and recreation.
Living conditions at the university, be it transport or rent, is quite cheap.
- 071 “ Accounting and Taxation”
- 072 “Finance, Banking and Insurance”
- 073 “Management”
- 122 “Computer Science and Information Technologies”
- “Accounting and Audit”
- “Accounting and Audit in the Entrepreneurial Activity Management”
- “Accounting and Audit in Banking”
- “Finance and Credit”
- “Financial Management”
- “Innovative Activity Management”
- “Project Management of the Financial and Credit Institutions”
- “Banking Safety Management”
- “Bank Services Selling Management”
- “Banking Servicing of the Agricultural Complex”
- “Business Administration”
- “Finance and Economic Safety Management”
- “Intellectual Systems of Decision-Making in Financial and Credit sphere”.
Full-time, part-time (distance), externship.
The center of Advanced Training provides professional development of the specialists in the sphere of finance and credit (banks, credit unions, pawnshops, financial companies, etc.) on topical issues of banking and financial activities and conducts trainings and seminars on request.
International Cooperation of the University
- The support of business, scientific and cultural relations with 14 foreign partners;
- An opportunity for students to studyon the program “Double Diploma” and receive a diploma of one of seven foreign universities – partners;
- Participation of teachers and students in international projects, conferences, and internship abroad in leading financial institutions around the world;
- The attraction of foreign specialists from universities-partners, representatives of embassies of different countries in Ukraine, EU representatives in Ukraine; representatives of leading foreign financial institutions to the educational process;
- The dynamic increase in the number of teachers and students publications in foreign editions and editions included in scientometric databases;
- Attracting scientific and pedagogical staff of the Institute to the work in editorial boards of international journals «Journal of Finance and Economics», «International Journal of Economics, Finance and Management Sciences»;
- The increase of teachers’ activity in participation in grant programs;
- Specialists from foreign universities – partners;
- Representatives of the embassies of different countries in Ukraine;
- EU representatives in Ukraine;
- Representatives of the leading foreign financial institutions;
- American lecturers of the Fulbright Program.
- The introduction of distance learning by consulting company «Design for learning International» (UK);
- The partnerships with groups of System Integrationcompany training instructors on Learning Space;
- The attraction of foreign specialists to the educational process, seminars and training courses for bank employees;
- The training of academic staff and students in educational institutions of foreign countries, participation of academic staff in international scientific programs;
- Providing the educational process with special educational and scientific literature.
Students can use a kitchen and dining room; have all conditions for studying and recreation.
Formation of socially active personality in harmony with the physical development is an important component of the educational process at the Institute. To succeed a young person needs not only professional knowledge but also skills, abilities related to formation, preservation and maintenance of a proper health level.
Today, the Institute has sufficient experience in terms of physical education of students; a number of scientific and methodological materials, training and work programs of physical education have been prepared and published.
The Institute provides the following sports sections: volleyball, basketball, soccer, health-improving aerobics, table tennis, fitness.
Library and Research
The official name of the library:
Libraryof Kharkov research institute SHEI “University of banking”
International Students at Kharkiv
Due to its convenient geographical position, Kharkiv has expanded its economic strength and developed a system of transport communications for centuries. Today it is a major transportation hub.
Kharkiv is a city with rich cultural traditions. There are 6 major theaters: the Academic Opera and Ballet Theatre , the Ukrainian Drama Theatre, the Russian Drama Theatre, the Theatrer of Musical Comedy, the Youth Theatre, the Puppet Theatre. In addition, there are a lot of theatre groups and amateur studios.
Kharkiv is famous for a large number of museums, concert halls (including the Hall of Organ and Chamber Music). The city has a lot of libraries. There are more than 6.5 million books and periodicals in the funds of Korolenko State Scientific Library , among which are rare and unique ones. The Kharkiv regional philharmonic society organizes concerts and promotes musical arts. The Circus, Zoo, Dolphinarium are popular among the residents and visitors of the city.
Foreigners and stateless persons (hereinafter referred to as foreigners) may obtain higher education at the expense of individuals and / or legal entities, unless otherwise provided by international agreements of Ukraine, the consent to be bound by the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine, laws or agreements between higher educational institutions about international academic mobility.
Foreigners who come to Ukraine for the purpose of studying, enter on the accredited educational programs (specialties). Admission of foreigners to study at the expense of individuals and / or legal entities is carried out:
- twice a year, before and at the beginning of academic semesters (but not later than on November 1 and March 1, respectively), for obtaining a Bachelor’s degree, a Master’s degree;
- during the year for postgraduate and doctoral studies.
Foreigners who come to Ukraine to participate in academic mobility programs or to obtain higher education in accordance with educational programs agreed between Ukrainian and foreign higher educational institutions are accepted for study, taking into account the relevant contractual obligations of the relevant higher education institutions.
Admission of foreign citizens and stateless persons is carried out on the provision of the following documents: for admission, a foreigner personally submits to the selection committee an application in paper form.
To the application the foreigner adds:
- The document (the original and its copy) about the previously acquired educational (educational-qualifying) level, on the basis of which the admission takes place;
- The supplement (the original and its copy) to the document on the previously acquired educational (educational-qualifying) level, on the basis of which the admission is made (if any);
- Academic certificate issued by a foreign / Ukrainian educational institution (in the case of transfer or renewal of studies, from the second year, the academic background is attached);
- The original and a copy of the document containing information on the content of the curriculum by the previous level (level) of higher education, the credits received, the duration of studies and the success of the academic disciplines at the entrance to the master’s degree or postgraduate education;
- A copy of the passport document of the foreigner or a document certifying the identity of the stateless person;
- A health insurance policy, unless otherwise provided by international treaties of Ukraine;
- 12 photos of size 30 x 40 mm;
- A copy of the certificate of a foreign Ukrainian;
- Upon admission to the postgraduate study, an additional research proposal from the chosen scientific specialty or a list of published scientific publications and inventions in the Ukrainian or English language, certified in accordance with the established procedure at the place of work / training of the candidate, shall be submitted. The thematic plan of dissertation work (in Ukrainian or English) is submitted for admission to doctoral studies.
The documents specified in subparagraphs 1 – 4 of this paragraph must be certified in the country of issue in a manner officially used in that country for such certification and legalized by the relevant foreign institution of Ukraine, unless otherwise provided by international treaties of Ukraine. The application and documents specified in this paragraphs are kept in the personal files of foreign students.
Foreigners, for whom the selection commission established the need for language (pre-university) preparation for basic education, undergo such training at the Preparatori department or other preparatory departments / departments that have a license of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine for the preparation of foreigners for admission to higher education establishments.
Admission of foreigners to the curricula of preparatory departments is carried out on the availability of documents on full secondary education received outside the Ukraine and which must be certified in the country of issue in the manner that is officially applied in this country for such certification , and legalized by the relevant foreign institution of Ukraine, unless otherwise provided by the international treaties of Ukraine.
A condition for admission of a foreigner to study at a certain level of higher education is the successful completion of entrance examinations (interviews) from the language of instruction and mathematics as the basic discipline of the technical university and on the basis of the academic rights of continuing education provided by the document on the acquired level of education in the country of its origin, and taking into account the points of success giving the right to continue education at the next level of higher education in accordance with the legislation of the country that issued the document on the acquired level of education.
Foreigners and stateless persons are admitted as students after they: submitted necessary documents, passed interviews with the relevant commission; signed consent to the collection and processing of personal data; signed an application – the obligation to submit documents for passing the compulsory procedure for recognition and establishment of the equivalence of a educational document received in home country, signed a contract with the university for training and paid tuition fees.