V. N. Karazin Kharkiv National University started training international students in 1948. Since then the School for International Students Training has trained about 5,000 students from Europe, Asia, and America. International students, teachers, and businessmen are offered intensive courses in Ukrainian or Russian, as well as training programs of various lengths.
STUDENTS & GRADUATES
The University has graduated over 1,30,000 students since its conception. Almost sixty University graduates have become academicians and corresponding members of the Ukrainian National Academy of Sciences (UNAS).
Almost 16,000 students and attendees, and for over 360 postgraduate and doctoral students are trained at the University.
RESEARCH AND ACADEMIC STAFF
The training is provided by 2,228 instructors and researchers, including 381 doctors of sciences, full professors and 1,057 PhDs, associate professors.
The University’s researchers annually publish sixty to sixty-five monographs and have already published a huge collection of research papers, over two thousand articles and have conducted 20 to 25 international conferences.
KMU is a part of many health organizations, research associations, and educational communities, including but not limited to:
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- Medical Council of India (MCI)
- United Nations Organization (UN)
- The International Medical Education Directory [IMED]
- International Association of Universities (IAU)
- European Universities Association (EUA)
- European Association of International Education (EAIE)
- World Federation of Medical Education (WFME)
- The Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research [FAIMER] (USA)
- Association of Medical Education of Europe (AMEE)
- International Education Society (IES, London)
- European Credit Transfer System (ECTS)
The campus of the KNU has eight hostels.
Dormitories have all the necessary facilities for students to live comfortably, study, relax and play sports. The rooms are designed for comfortable accommodation of 3-4 people.
Each floor has shared rooms – kitchens, toilets, showers. The hostels also have rooms equipped with washing machines.
Fencing holds a place of honor at the Unifekht SFC. Sports fencing appeared in V. N. Karazin Kharkiv National University (then Gorky University) in the mid-1960s. Since then Karazin University students have held the leading positions among the higher educational establishments of Kharkiv.
The participation of the University students in the Athletic Games became possible due to the fact that our University has one of the best specialized bases in Ukraine represented by the Unifekht sports fencing club.
Currently, 15 Masters of Sports, 8 Masters of Sports of international level, as well as 2 Merited Masters of Sports and 2 Merited Coaches of Ukraine train and work at the fencing club.
V.N. Karazin Kharkiv National University is involved in extensive international cooperation and is an active member of the international community of the leading European and world universities. It cooperates with 61 partners in 25 countries of the world.
There are around 2500 Indian Students already studying in this university and there are no issues and challenges faced as such.
Ample numbers of facilities are provided to the student such as :
- Innovative technologies in Laboratories.
- All the necessary facilities within the campus.
- Library for information material.
- Lodgings are well-furnished. With AC, TV, Internet and so forth.
- No donations are needed : Unlike Indian private colleges, there is no any type of donation or capitation fee demanded for admission to medical courses
- The university has a low fees structure : tuition fee are kept low to make MBBS studies affordable for even poor students
- No entrance is compulsory for admission : You do not need to appear for any entrance test and thus take the benefit of easy admission process
- Appropriate environment for research : the universities have facility and environment encouraging students go for the research work after MBBS course completion
- Globally recognized degree : Not only WHO, MCI but also many global bodies have recognised medical universities located in the different cities of Ukraine
- Reasonable tuition fee : it is a very important factor playing remarkable role in attracting more and more international medical students every year. Many students also win scholarship and enjoy free studies.
- Modern infrastructure with latest equipment : Medical institution and hospital in the country are equipped with the modern and high-quality equipment. These help in creating better environment for leaner and patients in the country.
It is quite a golden opportunity for Indian students to study MBBS in Ukraine due to its high quality of education. The V.N. Karazin Kharkiv National University is recognized by the Medical Council of India through which Indian students are eligible to practice as a doctor in India.
- The MBBS in Ukraine is of six years which includes five year of study and one year of internship program. Through this internship program, student will get a chance to do internship in the local reputed hospitals of Ukraine.
- The fee structure is also affordable and economically good for Indian medical aspirants.
- Moreover, scholarship programs are provided by the university to reduce the fee for the needed medical aspirants who can’t afford the fee.
- On the basis of merit list of students and financial background, the scholarship programs are designed accordingly.
- The language used for teaching is also English or either Ukrainian as per the requirement of the students.
- Medical Council of India
- World Health Organization.
- Ministry of Science and Education in Ukraine.
- Hyperbaric Medical Society.
- United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization.
These documents are :
- Mark sheets of tenth and twelfth standard
- Birth certificate.
- Medical certificate.
- Bank statement.
- School leaving certificate.
- Identical photographs.
- Original passport.
- Gap evidence for the candidates who has passed the 12th standard earlier.
- Admission letter from the University.
- Fee receipt from University.
- Filled Visa Application Form.
To get admission in V.N. Karazin Kharkiv National University, there are important criteria to meet the eligibility.
The criteria established for Bachelor’s courses in medicine by the honored university are :
- The qualification of NEET is must.
- The age of student must be 17 years.
- Must have 50 marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
For enrollment in MBBS in Ukraine, the whole process is easy and “stress-free”. There are some simple steps to complete the admission process. The admission process will be done online.
Library and Research
In October 1999, according to the decree of the President of Ukraine, Kharkiv State University gained the status of a national university and was named in honor of its founder, V.N. Karazin.
In 2003, following the decree of the President of Ukraine, V.N. Karazin Kharkiv National University obtained the highest status of a self-governing (autonomous) state university.
Together with other major European universities, in 1988 Kharkiv National University signed the Great University Charter that initiated the Bologna Process.
The University is a co-founder of the Eurasian University Association and is a member the World and the European University Associations.
In November 2004 Kharkiv University celebrated 200 years since the day of signing the Foundation Charter, and in January 2005 it marked the 200th anniversary of its foundation.